We are looking for an enthusiastic Technical Sales Engineer with a strong background in customer service and applications support. This individual will serve as primary technical support for our tilt and vacuum measurement products. Our tilt measurement line primarily includes electrolytic and MEMS based technology, and related signal conditioning electronics. Our vacuum measurement product line includes thermal conductivity (thermocouple, convection, and Pirani), cold cathode, and hot ion gauge technology, and associated control electronics.
Example applications include:
- Tilt sensor integration into leveling and control systems
- DIY Arduino integration of tilt sensors and inclinometers
- Vacuum gauge controller setup and calibration
- Vacuum sensor calibration
The job requires technical and analytical thinking with the ability to effectively communicate technical solutions. It requires a self-motivated, results-oriented, problem solving individual who is focused on supporting current and prospective customers with technical solutions to challenging problems. The ability to understand application and process environments, and the ability to communicate with engineering is critical to making accurate product recommendations and supporting technical challenges. Some proactive inside sales are required.
The Technical Sales Engineer will be working closely with our Customer Service, Marketing, and Engineering teams, as well as our sales representatives and distribution channels.
Our company is close to 50 people and has been in business for over 85 years, with a mission to enable superior performance across tilt and vacuum measurement applications by committing to quality, innovation, and service. We pride ourselves on being a continuously improving organization that strives for a high level of excellence in our products, processes, and support. We collaborate as a team to foster an environment that stimulates the creation and sharing of knowledge, with a profound commitment to our employees, our customers, and our community. We endeavor to create a working environment that promotes the safety, growth, and goal attainment of our employees.
Required Skills and Background
- Proficient in Microsoft Office
- Detail-oriented, well-organized, and capable of working independently
- Exceptional written and oral communication skills
- Basic understanding of electrical and software design concepts
- BS or BA degree
Additional Skills and Background Preferred (Not Required)
- Engineering Technology degree
- CRM software experience
- Knowledge of vacuum science principles
- Knowledge of Electrical and Software Engineering concepts
- Basic knowledge of digital communication protocols:
- EthernetIP, Profinet, I2C, RS-232, RS-485, SPI, TTL (UART)
- CAN Open, CAN J1939