We’re looking for an enthusiastic Manufacturing Engineer with a strong background in manufacturing engineering or a similar discipline. This person will serve as our primary manufacturing engineer for existing processes for our tilt measurement, vacuum measurement, and ampoule product lines. Our tilt measurement product line primarily includes electrolytic and MEMS-based technology, and related signal conditioning electronics. Our vacuum measurement product line includes thermal conductivity (thermocouple, convection, and Pirani), cold cathode, hot ion gauge technology, and associated control electronics. Our ampoule product line includes various custom glass components.
Example support will be related to tooling, fixturing, welding, glass forming, and documentation, among many other types of custom equipment and processes at our facility.
The job requires highly detail-oriented technical and analytical thinking with a strong concern for accuracy and quality of work. It also requires the ability to prioritize and address manufacturing issues as they arise. The position will emphasize independent problem solving, innovation, and self-direction. You will be working with a team of engineers, so proficiency in writing and communication is a must.
Our engineering team currently includes a manufacturing engineer, a software design engineer, a senior electrical design engineer, a research scientist, and a senior mechanical engineer all of whom you would be working very closely with.
Our company is close to 50 people and has been in business for over 85 years, with a mission to enable superior performance across tilt and vacuum measurement applications by committing to quality, innovation, and service. We pride ourselves on being a continuously improving organization that strives for a high level of excellence in our products, processes, and support. We collaborate as a team to foster an environment that stimulates the creation and sharing of knowledge, with a profound commitment to our employees, our customers, and our community. We endeavor to create a working environment that promotes the safety, growth, and goal attainment of our employees.
Required Skills and Background
- Proficient in SolidWorks and AutoCAD
- BS, MS, or PhD in manufacturing engineering, mechanical engineering, systems engineering, industrial engineering, or equivalent
- 5 years minimum professional experience in manufacturing engineering or an equivalent field
- Proficient in Microsoft Office
- Experience working with production machines and equipment
- Detail-oriented, well-organized, and capable of working independently
- Exceptional writing and communication skills
Additional Skills and Background (Not Required)
- Experience in manufacturing automation
- Knowledge of vacuum principles and systems
- Knowledge of glass properties